Monday, August 31, 2009

MCTS 70-433 Enable "clr Enabled" configuration option

The following example shows the steps to enabling access to external CLR module, each step is easy to understand but these problems can be fiddly...


Problem -  How to enable "clr Enabled" configuration option?


I've Created a DLL Library and added it as an assembly in a database when I make a select statement from SQLCmd using my functions it runs fine but when I try to Create  View from the VB 2005 Express Development Environment it Gives me the Error


SQL Execution Error

Error Message: Execution of user code in the .net Framework is disabled. Enable "clr Enabled" configurartion option


note that CLR Integration Option of the SQL server is ON and I've Tried


sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1;

GO

RECONFIGURE;

GO

sp_configure 'clr enabled', 1;

GO

RECONFIGURE

form SQLCMD in vain

when I execute the select statement from the SQLcmd it runs fine but when I try to make a View from the Developmet Environment i gives me that error


Solution 


I changed my query to


Use [DatabaseName]

Go


Exec SP_Configure 'CLR_Enabled', '1'

Go


Reconfigure

Go


Alter Database [DatabaseName] Set Trustworthy On

Go


and got it to work...


http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/7ad768fa-5e23-4915-839f-570c0b4a8eb3

No comments: