Saturday, September 24, 2016

Uvam Mavu Pinot Grigio delle Venezie IGT - WSET Level2 Tasting (Week One)

I'm just a beginner (starting WSET Level2) but here are my tasting notes:

APPEARANCE
Clarity: clear
Intensity: medium 
Colour: white:lemon/gold

NOSE: 
Condition: clean 
Intensity: medium 
Aroma Characteristics: fruits (apple/peach, some apricot and honey)

PALATE
Sweetness: dry
Acidity: medium (I feel the saliva)
Tannin: low (typical of white wines)
Body: medium 
Flavour characteristics: fruits, flowers, spices, vegetables, oak flavours, other
Finish medium (4 to 5 seconds … seem a bit longer to me, but hard to benchmark)

CONCLUSIONS
Quality: very good (one the better Pinot Grigio's I've tasted)

Link: http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-348906-0001-mabis-uvam-mavu-pinot-grigio-delle-venezie-igt-italy 

No comments: