Saturday, September 24, 2016

Gilbert Ruhlmann Gewurztraminer Alsace 2013 - WSET2 Tasting (Week One)


I'm just a beginner (starting WSET Level2) but here are my tasting notes:

APPEARANCE
Clarity: clear
Intensity: deep

Colour: white:gold

NOSE: 
Condition:  clean 
Intensity: pronounced
Aroma Characteristics: fruits (strong lychee), flowers (rose petrol), a little citrus fruit

PALATE
Sweetness: off-dry (Lysander) – medium (my rating)
Acidity: medium
Tannin: low
Body: full
Flavour characteristics: fruits (apple), other (honey) some citrus 
Finish: long

CONCLUSIONS
Quality: very good (I like Gewurztraminer generally and this was a very good bottle)

NB Food Pairing - worked well with apple slices but didn't pair quite as well with cheese (although I would have been happy with both)

Link: https://www.vivino.com/wineries/gilbert-ruhlmann/wines/gewurztraminer-alsace-2013


No comments: