Monday, April 28, 2008

Is radio 2 cool?

When I was younger radio 2 had such a staid image - "more than a bit dull". However since getting a new digital radio for Xmas (cheers Mum!), I have been casually dropping in on Radio 2 and now it is my default radio station :) Honestly the diversity and variety of presentators and music is incredible. Highlights in the last few days alone include Bob Dylan presenting on the theme of the rich & poor (it was a great musical and philosophical journey), Elaine Paige on the world of musical and a couple of incredible documentaries on (1) Prince and (2) the musical world of London in the 16th century. There was lots more of other cool stuff - Radio 2 is now offering some great music and fantastic presentators. OK Terry Wagon still have me scrabbling for the off button but Radio 2 has great diversity, cool presentators and I like it!

No comments: