Sunday, April 27, 2008

EverQuest 2: Jadar and Amant

Dave and I sometimes play together on EverQuest 2. Dave plays Jadar, a Wood Elf Warrior.

Jadar was first created in EverQuest 1. The Wood Elf Warrior Guild in Kelethin (the Wood Elf city highly perched on tree-tops) was so small there was only one guild master and no aid. Kelethin wasn't really the place for warriors and Jadar was outperformed by the water pet of the magician (Lynvellio) I played with him at the time. I remember Dave complaining while camping the goblins of Butcherblock Mountains that my pet could kill the monsters faster than he could.

However, in EverQuest 2, the new Jadar is a tough warrior and his Kelethin Warrior Guild has nothing to envy the Barbarian ones in either Freeport or Qeynos. Jadar can take quite a few hits, ensconsed in his thick armour, and his sword will bash through monsters without trouble.

I sometimes play along Jadar with Amant, my coercer. He's a mage that can control monsters so that Jadar and I can kill them one by one rather than taking all of them at once. Amant can't heal Jadar but he sure does lots of damage so we can kill monsters much faster.

No comments: