Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Highlight of my day - bumping into an old friend :)


The highlight of my day was bumping into Michael from the Rainbow Chorus, walking along the Charing Cross Rd!

This photo (currently on the front of rainbow chorus web-site at rainbowchorus.org.uk) has both Michael and myself on it (both in green) and is from our totally amazing trip to Paris last summer! Although this photo doesn't really show it, Simon rather stole the day in terms of photos with the most incredible outfit ;-)

I really miss Brighton and although London is exciting, has fantastic galleries and restaurants and the best IT user groups - I want to move back to Brighton!

I've been in London for nearly a year now and I virtually never bump into people casually, and on the rare occasion I do, they are old friends from Brighton.

Still London is great for Nadjib's career - he is going to overtake me before very long! Mind you this is great by me :)

I also went to London Linux group tonight (www.lonix.org.uk). Some very interesting and colourful techies & eccentrics - a good night but I got out at the right time (i.e. before I got too drunk). This is doubled by the fact that I then bumped into Michael!

At the "Lonix meet" amongst other things I learnt about CP/M:

CP/M (Control Program for Microcomputers) is an operating system originally created for Intel 8080/85 based microcomputers by Gary Kildall of Digital Research, Inc. Initially confined to single tasking on 8-bit processors and no more than 64 kilobytes (64 KiB) of memory, later versions of CP/M added multi-user variations, and were migrated to 16-bit processors.
( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP/M)

All good techie stuff! Very nice and smart people but after two hours it was time to escape before I got too drunk - I do find London is too boozy!

No comments: